Broadband Light can be used to correct a variety of skin problems.
• Redness and telangiectasia (blood vessels on the face)
• Pigmentation (this includes melasma, but only when skin is pre-treated by Dr. Holmes)
• Enlarged Pores
• Photo rejuvenation (repairing and correcting sun damage)
• Hair Removal
• General improvement in skin quality, texture and health of skin with regular treatments 2-4 times a year – that is Forever Young BBL.
As our skin ages due to excess sun exposure and decreased production of collagen, skin rejuvenation with BBL helps you maintain a fresher, younger appearance. BBL can make your skin smoother by removing age spots and redness, by improving texture and reducing pores.
How does Broadband Light work?
The light emitted by Broadband Light targets colours:
- Melanin which is present in increased amounts in age spots, pigmentation and brown spots and dark hair
- Haemoglobin in red blood cells which contributes to skin redness and in the unwanted surface blood vessels.
Heat travels with the light, and is absorbed by these targets. In this way, hair follicles are shut down so they don’t produce hair any more, pigment is “cooked” and gradually flakes off the surface, and vessels and shut down, reducing redness and visible vessels.
BUT – it is this and then so much more.
Dr. Patrick Bitter in California developed BBL and has many years of experience with this device. He has run many studies using BBL and reports that he cannot get the same Photo rejuvenation results with an IPL machine. BBL is an advanced extension from IPL devices.
In Photo rejuvenation large studies have shown consistent repeatable improvement over time in sagging, lines, skin smoothness, and skin colour.
Further investigations have shown that with regular Broadband Light our DNA actually starts functioning “younger” or healthier. So all the skin issues related to ageing and sun damage are improved with regular BBL. In fact, if you did nothing for your skin except sunscreen and BBL 2-4 times a year, your skin would be better in 5 years than it is today. At the Mayah Clinic we get very excited about our Broadband Light Therapy!
In Acne – Broadband Light reduces the P.acnes bacteria that are one of the factors causing acne. It also reduces oil production from the sebaceous glands, and strengthens the skin around pores and glands to reduce pores and blackheads.