Emface is where technology meets the science of ageing. It is a new innovative tool that addresses the underlying causes of changes in the face overtime, without the need for needles or downtime.
Experience amazing results with Emface. This popular, non-invasive treatment combines cutting-edge technology with the science of ageing to address the underlying causes of facial changes over time. It utilises radio frequency energy to stimulate collagen production, while simultaneously employing HIFES technology for muscle lifting and rejuvenation.
Emface lifts the brow and cheeks, along with providing skin and deeper tissue rejuvenation effects. The treatment is painless, requiring no needles or downtime. A standard starting series consists of four treatments, with noticeable results after the first session and optimal results achieved 8-12 weeks after completing the full series. Emface brings together the power of technology and the pursuit of youthful appearance.
A clinical study performed on 3000 patients saw wrinkles reduce by 37%, muscle tone increase by 30%, a facial lifting effect by 23%, a 26% increase in collagen, a 200% increase in Elastin, a 92.8% volume improvement and 92.5% increase in skin evenness.
Used to Treat
- Fine Lines
- Muscle tone
- Sagging skin
WHAT TO EXPECT
The treatment itself takes only 20 minutes and is painless, requiring no needles or downtime. Some people say it feels like a facial massage with gentle warm pulsations. Others say they experience unusual strong contractions – but it is not painful.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR TREATMENT
Keep well hydrated for several days before and after your treatment. Shave any hair from the face and upper back where applicators are applied (this does not include light “peach fuzz” facial hair). Remove any body piercings near the treatment area.
Remember that this treatment is contraindicated if you are pregnant, have metal surgical implants, screws or plates in or near the area, deep cheek or forehead implants, or electrically sensitive medical implants like pacemakers, defibrillators or cochlear implants. Please consult with our clinician to establish if this treatment is right for you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How many treatments do I need?
The protocol is 4 treatments about a week apart, but more sessions can be added if desired. To maintain your results, your therapist will advise the best follow up. Usually it will be either 2 sessions every 6 months (for restoring goals), or 4 sessions every 12 months (for “prevention” goals).
When will I see results?
Results will vary with your age, facial tissue and genetics. Some people start to notice results as early as after the first session, but best results would be expected 8-12 weeks after the 4th treatment.
What if I’m having Injectables?
Emface works well with injectables – but their use will be adjusted to provide best results. It also works well with other skin therapies. This will be planned and advised by your specialist.
Is Emface Safe?
While this is relatively new technology, it has an excellent safety record over thousands of treatments. It is a requirement that it is administered by a professional doctor-led clinic such as The Mayah Clinic.
Who should not receive this treatment?
This treatment is not suitable for those with surgical metal implants in the face, skull, neck, upper chest and upper back, electrically sensitive medical implants (e.g. pacemakers, defibrillators, cochlear implants, etc), those that are pregnant or currently undergoing IVF and those that have surgical cheek or forehead implants.
Other health considerations that will be assessed by our therapists include:
- If you’re currently, or in the last 6 weeks have had a bacterial, viral illness or febrile condition.
- If you have a medical condition that gives you impaired immunity.
- If you’re on Roacutane (Isotretinoin) or have been in the last 6 months.
- If you have a skin related autoimmune disease, e.g. Lupus or Scleroderma.
- If you’re having or have in the last 12 months had radiotherapy or chemotherapy.
- If you have scarring, poor healing or unhealed wounds in the treatment area.
- If you have a history of skin cancer in the area being treated.
- If you’re breast feeding.
- If you have or have had a blood clotting conditions in the last 12 months being treated with anticoagulants.
- If you have rosacea, psoriasis, eczema, or another rash or active skin condition in the treatment area.
- If you’ve had a surgical procedure in the application area within the last 3 months.
- If you have poorly controlled diabetes or another endocrine disorder.
- If you have tuberculosis.
- If you have kidney or liver failure.
- If you have a sensitivity to band aids/ dressing patches, etc in the application area.
- If you have current problems with neuralgia, nerve pain or epilepsy.
- If you’ve had laser resurfacing or deep chemical peels in the treatment area in the last 2 months.
- If you currently use electric devices for undiagnosed pain management eg. the TENS machine.
- If you have a condition involving widespread blood vessel or lymphatic inflammation (vasculitis, or swollen lymph nodes).
- If you have a history of malignancy/cancer in the last 5 years.
See real results
Start your journey with a comprehensive skin analysis
We will curate a treatment plan guaranteed to deliver visible and lasting results. Our experts will work with you communicating the purpose and outcomes of every recommendation, creating a no obligation treatment plan.